If AI is so good why can’t it:
- write good glue code that wraps a documented HTTP API?
- make good translations using available books and respective published translations?
- extract meaningful and relevant numbers from news articles?
- write mathematical models that fit perfectly to available data better than any human?
- play videogames without cheating (i.e. simulating human vision, attention and click speed)?
- turn pure HTML pages into pretty designs by generating CSS
- predict the weather
- calculate building foundations
- determine stock values of companies from publicly available numbers
- smartly and automatically test software to uncover bugs before releases
- predict sports matches from the ball and the players’ movement on the screen
- continuously improve niche/local search indexes based on user input and and reaction to results
- control traffic lights
- predict sports matches from news articles, and teams and players’ history
This was posted first on Twitter.